• The annual Business Analytics
Symposium held September
2014 saw a 30 percent increase in
registered attendees than the previous
◊ 168 registered attendees
◊ 27 different companies
◊ three universities represented
The Executive MBA is offered at The
University of Alabama and at The University
of Alabama in Huntsville.
• Tuscaloosa EMBA enrolled its 30th
class in December 2013.
• Both Tuscaloosa and Huntsville EMBA
programs adjusted class schedules
to 21 months, one weekend a month
for Huntsville and just 17 months with
two immersions (previously four) for
• EMBA cohorts traveled to Peru in 2014
for the first time for the program’s
international immersion experience.
• EMBA experienced a 22. 5 percent
increase in enrollment in 2014 over
• In 2014, the Huntsville EMBA program
enrollment increased 29 percent over
• The EMBA Alumni Network was
AWARDS AND HONORS
founded in fall 2013 with a board
of officers. Two annual alumni
conferences, a tailgate and alumni
lunches in four cities have been held.
The newly elected board of officers for
2014 began serving in October.
• UA is ranked No. 48 by Military Times
as one of the best schools in the nation
for student veterans. The Military Times
also ranked Culverhouse as “Best for
Vets: Business Schools 2013.”
• Manderson Graduate School’s online
program ranks as the fifth best
program for military veterans by U.S.
News & World Report in 2014.
• Manderson Graduate School of
Business ranked 58th overall and 29th
for public universities in 2013.
• Poets & Quants, a highly respected
online publication promoting
business schools, conducted a study
that reveals the Manderson MBA
program at Culverhouse is the No.
1 “overperforming” program in the
• Poets & Quants posted their Top 100
MBA Programs, with Manderson listed
at No. 66, which is up from No. 71 the
• U.S. News & World Report ranks the
online business Master’s programs
No. 12 in the nation. That’s up 63 spots
from the previous year.
• The Manderson traditional MBA
program ranks No. 58 on the most
recent U.S. News & World Report list,
rising 20 spots from the previous year.